candied bacon recipe - My Recipe Book .2.0

RecipeBook is the place for best recipes that can be made with ingredients you have in hand!

Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Wednesday, April 26, 2023

candied bacon recipe

 I got the idea for making these from a guy named Rod Brooks, who hosts a sports talk show on KNBR, here in San Francisco.

Ironically, I was on my way to the gym when I heard him talking about a party he recently hosted, and for an appetizer he had simply set out bowls of cooked bacon. Genius.

I decided to take that idea and make it a little more holiday-ish by candying the strips of fatty pork. Let's face it, the holidays are all about taking our favorite things: sports, drinking, toys, food, etc., and enjoying them in seasonally

acceptable levels of excess.As I mention in the video, candied bacon is much more than a neat party favor. It makes the best BLT ever, and would make any plate of eggs so much more memorable.

One tip I forgot to mention in the clip – line your pan with foil! The caramelized bacon drippings are a little tough to wash off! Enjoy.


Ingredients:

1 pound thick center-cut bacon

1/4 cup packed brown sugar

2 tbsp maple syrup

2 tbsp rice vinegar

black pepper to taste

2 comments:

  1. Nice, today I was reading a bacon website. In one of my AB books there was also something similar to this, so I'm even more tempted to try now.

    ReplyDelete

Google ads

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot