Best mashed potato - My Recipe Book .2.0

RecipeBook is the place for best recipes that can be made with ingredients you have in hand!

Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Friday, June 2, 2023

Best mashed potato


Mashed potatoes  are the ultimate comfort food for me and this one combines some of my favorite ingredients; garlic, sage and rosemary. I did put a vegan spin on the dish and upped the herbs and garlic. My changes are in red below.

You may prepare these plainly without the herb-flavored oil, Tessa explains. Once you get beyond the notion that there might be extra dishes to wash, this is simple. It is easy to create. A spoonful of creamy mashed potatoes on your plate, especially when paired with a stewy, spicy dish, truly has nothing on them.

Apples for Jam by Tessa Kiros' recipe for mashed potatoes with sage and rosemary (serves 4)

I used Yukon Gold potatoes, 5 medium potatoes, peeled, and cut into bits.

4% olive oil

One large clove of peeled, somewhat smashed garlic (I used three cloves)

two sage sprigs (I used three big sprigs).

1 sprig of rosemary (I used 2 sprigs)

4 (I used Earth Balance) 1/2 tbsp.

I used 1/2 cup almond milk for the milk.

I used nondairy creamer in place of the 4 Tbsp. of heavy whipped cream.

Optional salt (I also used black pepper)

Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook them for about 20 minutes, until you can pierce right through them and they look frayed around the edges. Drain well.

Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the garlic, sage, and rosemary, and cook over medium heat for just long enough to lightly flavor the oil. Add the potato chunks and sauté for a few minutes so that they are well coated in oil and absorb the flavors.

Heat the butter, milk and cream in a small saucepan just until the butter has melted. Pass just the potatoes (I left some of the sage in with the potatoes) through a food mill into a bowl, or mash with a potato masher. Add the hot milk mixture and fluff it through with a wooden spoon, trying not to over mix but keeping it light and fluffy. Add a little extra milk and cream if it seems too stiff, and add salt if needed. Serve immediately.

Notes/Results: These are silky, fluffy decadent clouds of herby mashed potato heaven. (In other words I REALLY liked them) ;-) They are definitely an indulgence not a health food with all the butter and cream, but I did at least cut the saturated fat by making them vegan and dairy-free with Earth Balance "butter" spread, almond milk and a non-dairy creamer. I knew from reading the recipe that I would want a more assertive presence from the garlic, sage and rosemary so I increased the amounts and it made it perfect for me. I could definitely taste the flavors I wanted but they were not overpowering. I also left some of the sage in with the potatoes when I mashed them--nothing wrong with some bites of crispy sage in my book. These potatoes stand on their own just fine, but will work well with the vegan mushroom gravy I am making for Thursday. I will make them again, happily,for special occasions or

 really bad days.

;-)


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Literally potato is my fvt vegetable and i will try asap😋😋

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing brother i will try it

    ReplyDelete

Google ads

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot